Re: Niskis

From: Rob <robert_m_davis_at_...>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 20:10:37 -0000

Hi Donald

> Why did his wife marry him?

He's the chief's son. Political reasons?

> What did her family have to say
> about it? If he broke a promise to change she's entitled to
> a divorce with his family losing the brideprice and having
> to return her dowry.

Of course, but she must catch him out. I have a feeling that Niskisi are adept at hiding their assignations!

> I can see her (Vingan) being blamed for breaking up the marriage.
If
> she isn't liked that may be an excuse to banish her.

Actually she ends up crucified, but that where the scenario starts!

> He'd have as much chance of keeping that (his initiateship to
Niskis) a secret as he has of
> keeping the affair secret.

You mean that you don't think it would be possible for them to have an affair?

> I reckon the clan women are waiting
> for his wife to kick up a fuss before making an example of him.
> Not because Niskis is socially unacceptable but because of his
> actions.

So you reckon they are already onto him, giving the philanderer enough rope to hang himself, euphamistically speaking?

Regards
Rob