Re: Re: Ideas needed...

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 15:18:21 -0700

>I actually prefer Uleria as a goddess of love, but maybe I am over
>sentimental.

In other cultures, she probably is. It's just that the Heortlings don't see her as such. The Heortlings have Ernalda as their "Goddess of Love" - and she encompasses all aspects of love, from first hesitant kisses behind the barn, to full-blown adolescent rampaging hormones, to family love. But she channels Love to it's appropriate level in society. Everyone figures "oh, they're kids, they'll get over it", and Ernalda helps them "get over it". But 45 y.o. lounge-lizard sex machines are frowned on in Heortling society. It's not age-appropriate behavior. That's why Niskis is a Orlanth Adventurous (ie, young man's) cult, and there is no equivalent in Orlanth Allfather - the move from "thinking about sex every 5 seconds" adolescence to mature love.

RR
- Richelieu