Re: Ideas needed...

From: parental_unit_2 <parental_unit_2_at_...>
Date: Sat, 01 Oct 2005 01:52:57 -0000

This being the case, I'd suggest that the narrator who started this thread change the culture, not the character. That could mean either moving the character to another culture, or diverging significantly from the official Orlanthi one.

In my case, I recently started a game where I let the players pick a one-sentence character concept and elaborate it. I then shopped around the homelands in the _HeroQuest_ rule book for the most plausible culture for the characters.

The downside: This tends to put the characters in the most urbanized homelands, since that's where you can most plausibly place a very diverse collection of characters.

Rob