Re: Digest Number 2246

From: simonbrayuk_at_...
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2005 03:26:53 EDT

In a message dated 02/10/2005 02:01:51 GMT Standard Time, HeroQuest-RPG_at_yahoogroups.com writes:

I actually prefer Uleria as a goddess of love, but maybe I am over sentimental.

Uleria is a prime concept, she is three kinds of love, Companionship or Community Love, Passion or Erotic Love (Sex to the punters) and Genuine Love or Selfless love, Spiritual love. It s easier to understand if you look at the Greek concept of Love, as usual English just doesn't hit the mark.

 Phileo is used to describe friendship that is strengthened by shared experiences, Eros describes sensual love that is stimulated by our senses and Agape describes the pure love that is unconditionally expressed as an act of the will.

Simon