Re: What people play

From: John Machin <trithemius_at_...>
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2005 17:39:00 +1100

> At the time it was mentioned, I went out and bought a
> copy. It shows just how into computer games I am that
> it's still on the shelf, in cellophane wrapper :(

The world is pretty interesting, and it's quite fun game in and of itself; I'll leave out the detailed mechanical quibbles, but the active mod community has improvements that are widely available. If people were going to start it now, I'd reccommend a few good examples to get straight off the bat in order to enhance their experience.

It also has pretty good potential for keen people to mod it into something Gloranthan, but you'd need some keen arty people to do textures and meshes and whatnot in order to get things looking quite right.

> How many do we need to buy to get him to start?

I hope you mean "encourage others to buy". ;)

--
John Machin
- Athanasius Kircher, 'The Great Art of Knowledge.