Re: Form Fill Sheets

From: Nick Eden <nick_at_...>
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2005 22:07:46 +0000

On Mon, 07 Nov 2005 11:57:32 -0600, you wrote:

>>From: CJ <cj_at_falster23.freeserve.co.uk>
>>
>>Hi Jane,
>>
>>the form is at
>>http://www.glorantha.com/support/CharForm-Gray-Skill.pdf
>
>I've wanted to use these in the past, but they seem to have a fatal
>flaw...you can't save them. That is, yeah, you can fill the form and print
>it out. But you can't save the filled form for display elsewhere. Even if
>you only want it for print, then every time you want to update the
>character, you have to type everything in again.
>
>Hopefully I'm just doing something wrong. But I could see this being a
>"Reader" limitation. Is there any way around this?

If you go to:

http://www.glorantha.com/support/charsheets.html

you can then save the pdf by Right-Mousing the link, but Reader 7.0.5 then brings up an explicit message saying that I can't save the input. I take this to be a deliberate design feature. Not an obviously helpful one...

It then has password security on it, so I don't think it'll be possible to just whip it into full Acrobat and tweak it.