Re: Saying thank you!

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_...>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 19:11:38 -0000

> Well, we didn't include it in the Storm Tribe writeup, but there's
no reason
> that it couldn't exist (after all, there *are* various hand-
languahges, from
> the modern military ones, to the plains indian sign language (a
pidgin
> developed to allow the various tribes to speak with each other) to
the
> modern Amslan and other sign languages for the deaf.

Again, I doubt that the cult of Humakt has developed its own systemized sign language. I think hunter and warrior hand signals are probably near universal amongst the Heortlings and other Orlanthi cultures. Humakt worshippers might use existing hand signals and might add to them (including maybe a handful of sacred signs), but I doubt there is much more than that. Whatever there is, it is much less than a pidgen language.

Jeff