Re: Re: Where in Glorantha?

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 11:24:36 -0800

>>I just wondered what regiosn other people were
>>playing in, as I seem quite traditionalist? What made you fascinated by
>>the gaming possibilities of that area?

I'm starting a PBEM set at the end of the Second Wane (1349, for you Solar Time types). This allows me to ignore all the published "current history" and play around in an era that is pretty "clean". The region will be Dragon Pass - but this isn't your typical "Settling of Dragon Pass" scenario - for one thing, the players will be Lunars, coming down from the North, rather than Orlanthi coming up from the south. Tarsh might or might not exist - all we know is that Arim the Pauper went south acrosss the Deathline 30 years ago, and only one person has returned since. And he didn't say what had happened...

As you may guess from the title "Into Darkerst Engiziland", this is going to be a exploration in the mold of Burroughs (Edgar Rice, not William), Kipling, and H Rider Haggard. Dragon Pass has been closed for so long that who knows *what* is down there? (Cue the jungle drums and Indiana Jones music...)

RR
- Richelieu