RE: Digest Number 276

From: Richard, Jeff <jeff.richard_at_...>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 15:23:01 -0800

I don't jump into these conversations very often and I probably shouldn't now - but I'm going to tred where fools dare:
	Simon:>>  If you want Issaries to succeed, buy all their products.
	Jeff Johonson:>This is just terrible advice.

>No one should be expected to buy a product they aren't interested
in, and
>coercing them to do so is counterproductive. Its only likely to
breed
>resentment, and prevents the manufacturer from getting feedback on
their
>efforts.
>The most telling sort of feedback for a book is how many copies it
sells.
>If the books can't stand on their own, they shouldn't be produced.
>IMO this sort of pressure is an abuse of fans, and shouldn't be
tolerated.

I have to disagree emphatically with my namesake and agree with the ever-talented Simon Bray. Issaries is a small business that relies on a small market of consumers. The core market for Issaries is US. If we subscribers to the HW:Digest and the Glorantha:Digest don't buy their products, they will go under. It is as simple as that.

My advice is: if you are interested in seeing more Issaries products in the future, purchase every Issaries product in the present. Everything. Heck, buy some things twice - I sure have.

Jeff