Re: You know those copies of Pavic Tales?

From: Michael & Susan O'Brien <mrmob_at_...>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 18:24:49 +0400

At 08:32 PM 11/20/2005 +0000, you wrote:
> Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 19:46:13 -0000
> From: "Jane Williams" <janewilliams20_at_...>
>Subject: RE: Re: You know those copies of Pavic Tales?
>
> > I don't even have a copy of it. I don't think even Rick Meints has a
> > copy. Heck, I'm very impressed that MOB does.
>
>You know, with this "rare = valuable" logic, perhaps I should scribble some
>RQ-based stuff on a bit of paper, make sure it's been contradicted by
>anything HW/HQ-based, and hand photocopies to, say, two or three friends.
>Get them to do a few pages each too. Then it would be a very rare short
>print run, and we could sell our copies for silly amounts of money.

AFAIK, I don't think Gorp #1's "Alignment Tables for RuneQuest" article has ever been contradicted, though the popular culture references in the surprisingly good cartoon strip "Rulg the Barbarian" are somewhat dated in an NC-17 sort of way. The "bonus" multi-level dungeon complex located directly under Apple Lane (who would have thought?) is perhaps implausible purely on ergonomic grounds - frankly, I don't think that many "gray elves", tusk riders and dragonsnails could fit into the space described - but it is by an author whose name you'd recognise and whose later work would be admired for its realism and Gloranthan veracity.

I really must see if I can dig out my extremely battered, coffee-stained and well-thumbed copy when I'm back in Australia next.

Cheers,

MOB