Re: Re: Knowledge, Collecting and Gloranthan Culture

From: CJ <cj_at_...>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 17:03:59 +0000

> I regularly get requests to help Gloranthans find and purchase out-of-
> print and/or hard to find game material. Some of it has tremendous
> mainstream accepted value, such as a copy of Enclosure.

Enclosure? I picked up a mint copy of Enclosure 2 for �3.00 from the Travelling Man in Derby shortly before it closed. Did I get a bargain? :) It's a fantastic zine.

> This got frustrating for me with the mainstream material, like the
> RQ2 Chaosium supplements. I got tired of seeing many players and
> GMs shut out of getting the material when the secondary auction
> market regularly put the average price tag for Big Rubble, Pavis, or
> Borderlands at about $150. Thus, I secured the license to publish the
> Gloranthan Classics series of reprints. They are basically the same
> price as the originals were originally sold for, adjusting for 20+
> years of inflation.

And I for one am very very thankful, and woul love to see more of this.   Indeed this repringting is exactly the kind of thing I believe Jane supports. How much official canon stuff is OOP at the moment? The thing I am having trouble finding is RQ3 era material, for some reason, though my current finances will not allow me to buy anything anyway.

cj x