Re: Re: Knowledge, Collecting and Gloranthan Culture

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 17:55:03 +0000 (GMT)

>Thus, I secured the license to publish the
> > Gloranthan Classics series of reprints. They are
> basically the same
> > price as the originals were originally sold for,
> adjusting for 20+ years of inflation.

And a very good buy they are, too. Huge quantities of info for a very fair price.

> And I for one am very very thankful, and woul love
> to see more of this.
> Indeed this repringting is exactly the kind of
> thing I believe Jane supports.

Yes!! Information for free is the ideal - but it can't be done, so information at a sensible price and unlimited quantities is the next best thing. I do my bit for the ideal by lending my copies of stuff to anyone who wants to read them, but that's a very limited bit of help compared with the size of the demand.

> How much official canon stuff is OOP at the moment?

Most of it, I think.

> The thing I am having trouble finding is RQ3 era
> material, for some reason,
> though my current finances will not allow me to buy
> anything anyway.

Ebay. There's a lot of stuff on Ebay. As Rick knows. Were you after anything in particular? The special things I know are in demand (like Barbarian Adventures) I mention here anyway when I spot, but if there's anything else, I'm happy to keep an eye out for it as I do my own browsing. I can't cover the same scope as Rick - he's a pro, I'm an amateur - but always happy to help.