Re: King of Tarsh?

From: Paul Andrew King <paul_at_...>
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 07:54:17 +0000

>So what is the story here? Is it just 'ancient sources differ', was
>Pharandros the Regent during Moirades withdrawal to perform personal
>magics, stepping down when his father returned, or am I missing something?

So far as the canonical sources go it is a case of "ancient sources differ".

The Unspoken Word's Tarsh in Flames supplement has Moirades alive and working on a personal project to magically Lunarise Tarsh (the whole kingdom from people down to the landscape) and, I infer, the establishment of Tarsh as a full Satrapy of the Empire.

There are various speculations as to why Moirades might have given up the title King of Dragon Pass. There are reasons why someone advancing in the Lunar way might want to give up non-Lunar magic or it could be fallout from a HeroQuest, for instance. It is quite likely that Moirades did become Illuminated as Peter says and that his project involves becoming a Lunar Immortal. For information on the Lunar form of Illumination you really need to see ILH-2 - when it comes out.

--
--
Guide to Taoism_

Paul K.