Re: Digest Number 2315

From: Ian Cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_...>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 14:02:39 -0000

> 1. People are desperate for ILH2
> 2. The Sartar Campaign fourth instalment
Understood on specifics. It's a shame as AFAIK at least the first is ready to go apart from some internal problems. My point was broader though.

> 3. Unlike many Indie games, Glorantha publications also serve us as
>a great source of fantasy fiction, that is presented in a playable
>way. This is specifically against the Indie game ideology.
Disagree but this may not be the forum. Indie just means 'creator-owned' as Issaries is. Indie games or supplements do not have to present a 'narrativist' creative agenda (although HeroQuest works well for this IMO).

> Therefore I greatly anticipate ALL the upcoming releases.
Sure, I'm anxious to see this stuff too.

I'm just trying to suggest we ought not to become straightjacketed into certain expectations of how or how frequently outfits like Issaries, Adept Press, Anvilworks etc publish before declaring them 'dead'. They may need to operate in different ways. I have no idea whether Greg is considering them right now for Issaries, but I, for one, think that there are some interesting.

The old world is over...