Re: Ernalda is Dead

From: Trotsky <TTrotsky_at_...>
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 22:13:43 +0000

Rob:

>Jane:
>

>>>Quite why Ernalda's magic should go when it was Orlanth who was
>>>

>>>Dead, not
>

>>>her, is still beyond me, though, even in Sartar. Her magic
>>>

>>>doesn't derive from his.
>

>LC:
>

>>I believe it is argued that she in some way pays the price for
>>

>>being married
>

>>to him. I didn't think it made much sense either, to be honest.
>>

>It makes perfect sense. When Orlanth left the world to go on his
>great quest and passed into the underworld Ernalda went to sleep
>depriving the world of her bounty. The Lunars in effect re-created
>the great darkness with the windstop.

There's got to be more to it than that. When Orlanth left the world and passed into the underworld, so did Lhankor Mhy, Issaries, Chalana Arroy, and Eurmal - and none of them 'die' in the Fumbulwinter. So what was done was clearly more specific and directed than 'just' recreating the Great Darkness, and the question of why Ernalda was affected remains. 'They're married' doesn't make much sense to me as an answer, although I believe it is the official one. Our Gloranthas Will Vary, and all that :)

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic