Re: Ernalda in Esrolia

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_...>
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2005 00:47:16 -0000

> Huh. So politically they are stressing these other husbands but
*really*
> (well, *mythically really*) Orlanth is the important one.

I think Orlanth is the *most* mythically significant husband - for exactly the reasons Greg said. There's lots and lots and lots and lots of overlap between those two, even the Esrolians don't emphasize it as much (or more likely, even if the Esrolians abstract it more). The other husbands are important - instead of being largely ignored like they are in Sartar (except in a few particular ceremonies and places).

And it is worth keeping in mind that Esrola is the wife of some of the husbands, not Ernalda. For example, I think Argan Argar is married to Esrola, not Ernalda. Elmal/Yelmalio is married to Ernalda, but the overlap is less significant than the Orlanth/Ernalda overlap. All just my opinion.

Jeff