Re: The Missionaries

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_...>
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2005 07:37:32 -0000

> As I was saying earlier, when asking why and how these people were
> brain-damaged, how they'd survived the Darkness, and whether
the "animal
> instinct" bit had perhaps been a survival trait.

Although that is surely a God Learner belief (I can just imagine the Malkioni pouring contempt on the non-Malkioni survivors of the Darkness), I don't think that the non-Lightbringer survivors of the Darkness were "brain-damaged". They just couldn't see or understand that the Great Darkness was over. I remember one story where they couldn't even see the Sun in the sky.

Glorantha is a magical and mythical world - there is not always a material explanation for things.

Jeff