Re: Re: Just how sexist is Glorantha?

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 17:47:15 +0000 (GMT)

> My point was just that some people are disadvantaged
> or obstructed in any group and that they might be
> the first to be attracted to any new ideology. I
> included the poor in that as well.

Sure, and a very fair point. It just happened to bring the overall trend home to me.

> I would want to be equally careful of 'noble savage'
> paradigms when looking at Gloranthan cultures.

Or indeed any cultures anywhere - they always seem to be a case of the "civilised" culture totally misunderstanding the "savage" one.

> But it is just a game and we all have to accept that
> the stories we each want to tell or find interesting
> will differ.

Sure. Just be a bit careful of the distinction between "in Glorantha Sartarite women are second-class citizens" and "in MY Glorantha...." It's been a hard enough job dragging role-playing to the point where it's viable for that 53% of the population, let's not accidentally back-slide.

Yahoo! Photos � NEW, now offering a quality print service from just 8p a photo http://uk.photos.yahoo.com