Wikis

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 22:05:13 +0000 (GMT)

Or even at www.whitewall.info

We use one for the Swords campaign, too.

Depending on the hosting arrangements, you can usually set it up so that only registered members can edit pages, and in some cases only registered members (or even named members, like the GM) can read pages. There are hosts that provide no security, and I'd suggest staying well away - you get full of Wiki-spam (people editing your pages to be full of dodgy links).

Also, when a Wiki is set up for a game, you may want to type in Issaries-copyright bits like relevant keywords, and that's only allowed without a licence if it's restricted to the players, not publically available.

http://www.herewardslegion.info/

if you'd like a look at a game Wiki, including noticing which bits you can't read :) That's an example of jointly written Chronicles, player-edited character sheets, and a lot of locked pages for GM notes.

It's a very useful tool if GM and players all have web access.