Re: HQ Rules: not so easy to understand!

From: Dread Domain <dreaddomain_at_...>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 18:25:24 -0500

Hmmm... that's a tricky one. While I prefer the French Hero Wars over the English Hero Wars (better organized, better format, better production value) am I really not sure I would mix it with the HeroQuest rules. I mean the rules are similar enough so it can help your player to get the basis but they are different enough so they could get mixed up in the details.

In my opinion, the real tricky part about HQ is to get how to run contests
(simple or extended) once you get that, you should be in business.

Now the confusing part about HQ is magic...not difficult, just confusing
(:-))

Hi there,

  I am still reading the HeroQuest rules! I do this in parallel with the Gods of Runequest, HeroWars Glorantha, Glorantha Visions (good!!) etc... Well, and earning my living!

  I must say I find these rules tricky to understand, if not somewhat obscure. I am sure that after a while one gets used but I dread difficult explanation times with my players, and a cumbersome adaptation period that may adversely affect the introduction to the game.

  Did anyone prepare a document easier to read and understand?

  And also, what are the main difference between HeroQuest and HeroWars? It seems very close. Is HeroWars as good? The idea is that it is available in French; I could also circulate it among my players...

  Thanks again,

  Kind regards,

  Vlad

 Nouveau : t�l�phonez moins cher avec Yahoo! Messenger ! D�couvez les tarifs exceptionnels pour appeler la France et l'international.T�l�chargez la version beta.

Yahoo! Groups Links