Re: Re: Carrying subjecivity WAY too far

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 14:30:21 -0800

> > But I presuem *someone* was ultimately in charge, or
> > was this Humakt by Committee?
>
> It was, almost. The characters sort of mentally
> semi-merged, and there was never any argument about
> what to do, anyway. "Hit it" covered many things. "Be
> brave" covered others.

You sure you guys weren't doing Storm Bull instead? :-).

> > Parts of it anyway. Other parts are like Zardoz, or
> > the Monkees TV show, or
> > the Teletubbies, or a Quentin Tarantino film... or
> > ALL OF THEM AT ONCE!!!
>
> Only about half those references mean much to me - so
> I'm a theist wandering the spirit plane, complete with
> alien world modifier :)

And there you go :-).

> And life starts to get fun again...
>
> > Might be an entirely different myth (much like the
> > Harry and Tim myths
> > above). But you'd know your part (on a successful
> > Know Muths roll, if you
> > want to be mechanical about it).
>
> *Need* to be mechanical about it - this is a game
> system.

Okay here's an official-sounding sentence: "Know Myths of [XXX]" is the ability used to determine what myth you've been sucked into. Improvisational modifiers apply if it not *your* [XXX] that the myth is about.

> Though I suppose if you noticed that you were actually
> a lot more powerful than the entity you were
> accidentally facing...? you may not know what obscure
> myth they're playing with, but if this station is
> "have a fight", and you can win..?

*IF* this is "have a fight". It might be "Recognize each other at the last minute as long-lost brothers" or "Agree to fight that thing over there" and if you don't play your role...

> > > Any guesses as to the chances?
> >
> > Well, Kallyr has her "Let you SEE" magic that she
> > uses on the Shiprise,
> > which seems to be the eye of Rigsdal.
>
> But that quest isn't just HeroPlane, is it? They go on
> to the Sky World. Checking... yes, p55 is quite
> specific. God World. Description given of how hard it
> usually is to see individuals there (no numbers). "God
> World" repeated several times in the text.
>

> OK, so that's the number for the God World. So say
> 10W2 for the Hero Plane? High enough to be a
> challenge, low enough to be game-possible.

I'd maybe go 10w3ish - but this is my personal opinion, at this time, and should not be construed as a hard and fast rules pronouncement.

RR
- Richelieu