Re: Failing for success

From: Mike Dawson <mdawson_at_...>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 14:38:02 -0000

Seems to me this would be like doing the stations of the cross while drunk, or in a car. While it might succeed, you probably don't learn much from it. Suppose that being defeated by Vinga is what teaches the feat of "Ignore Pain" or "Keep Fighting" or some such? (Sorry , I don't have the Zorak Zoran affinities in front of me.) "Meaning" to fail would keep you from learning how to be more like your god.

> It should depend on the myth and the tale it is explaining.

I suppose there are places where gods simply surrender in order to advance some further plot.

Mike Dawson