Failing for success

From: wansuperyo <manuel.martin.ruiz_at_...>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 08:49:58 -0000

So if you are an uz, you will try your best to get fooled by Vinga? So you can show your head is thicker than the head of ZZ?

ZZ failed so YOU could learn and KILL and EAT those annoying orlanthis! If there is anything sacrilegious about a ZZ heroquester is trying to fail on purpose!!! (ops! She did not dodge my mace, well i will try to fall on her lance before she falls to the floor)

Well... I think that there are myths in which it is important to fail (so you know yourself better or humble yourself or whatever), as well as there are myths in which is important to meet the deadly wolf; in other myths, it is important to try hard (and you can win or lose, as the original gods had the chance of winning or losing in their competition) or meeting anything dangerous, wolf or bear.

It should depend on the myth and the tale it is explaining.