Re: Anyone have a Krarsht magic keyword?

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_...>
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2006 15:34:55 -0000

>>Disadvantages: Worshippers will be detectable by sense chaos, even
>>if they have no chaos features themselves. They are hated enemies
>>of Storm Bull worshippers and Larnsti
>

> I'm not sure about the sense chaos thing..
>
> Pretty much all civilized cultures hate them, but most criminal
> organizations have some kind of connection, however shadowy, to
> one of them.

A couple of (possibly) contradictory thoughts here 1) there is a difference between "a shadowy connection to (a) krasht (cultist) and being "a worshipper of Krasht", and it is only the latter who have become so tied to the Krasht cult that they register as Chaotic
2) If Krasht represents the evils of pervasive corruption then the fact that her cult is spreading the taint of chaos through the criminal underclasses is perfectly consistent.

> Subcults are good, and local variations should be encouraged.

Absolutely. You will need different approaches to undermine different cultures, so the local cults will likewise need to vary

>> Or Chaos could be like Lunar magic and be its own otherworld,
>> with its own rules.
>
> YGWV, but I believe Chaos is its own Otherworld (the Teshnans
> refer to it as the 6th World), and using a Lunar-like Magic system
> would make some sense.

I too strongly suspect that Chaos uses its own otherworld. Those who have not concentrated in chaotic (or any other) magic can, of course use other magics as well, and some entities may straddle more than one world (ISTR that Malia was noted as only chaotic where worshipped by Broo. If this is still true then she would be one example). Those who concentrate in chaotic magic would be the ones who detect as chaotic, which might be another way of distinguishing between those who are counted as Krasht Worshippers, and those whose lifestyle choice leads to them serving the cult, albeit unknowingly