Re: Flying Magic in HeroQuest

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 12:40:51 +0000 (GMT)

> Also in Orlanth is Dead p31 Benyafil's Birds can
> make gliding leaps
> up to 100 yards long or 20 yards up. They are only
> initiates of
> Tholm so I guess they have no active abilities (not
> that Tholm seems
> to have this as a feat anyway). So how do they do
> this?

I suspect they're using HW rules not HQ, for one thing. I forget quite what the differences were, but they existed, and the active use of feats was one of them. This is the problem with a lot of stuff in OiD, it's a different rule-set. There's errata and conversion notes on the glorantha.com site, though - somewhere!

A thought for Rick and co - when (not if) you reprint OiD, how about going through the stats and doing those conversions? Or at least including the errata and conversion notes as an insert?