Re: Re: Flying Magic in HeroQuest

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2006 23:31:05 +0000 (GMT)

> Considering the probable enemies of the Grazers will
> be Orlanthi, the
> question of airmobile troops will be answered. The
> "air cavalry" of the
> Grazers will not get any particular advantage of
> their horses, like ground
> troops would. What with Vanganthi fliers, summoned
> Air Daemons, and Kadone
> Grounders pulling horses from the sky, the Grazers
> are still outclassed in the air.

And the Vingan artillery will take them out at a mile's range. Of course, if they're at 1750 yards, not the full mile, the artillery misses, but you can't have everything.

I prefer the idea of "sky" meaning "sky", myself - it gives them something unique. Ludicrously fast troop movements, which is what a cavalry army is all about in the first place.