Re: Other Orlanthi initiation rites

From: jorganos <joe_at_...>
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2006 06:27:06 -0000

Don't you just love it when Yahoogroups redefines how a mailing list works? Second try to send this...

Jeff Richard

> I assume that in Ralios there are probably lots of different
> adulthood initiation rites, since there were lots of different
> groups in Ralios that became Orlanthi. Some might follow the Bull
> totem rites (the descendents of the Bemuri), others might follow the
> Horse rites (descendents of the Galanni), and so on. For that
> matter, did any Heortling groups settle in Ralios in the First Age?

There was a group of "Dorastan" settlers who settled the former Zebra hsunchen lands after the Battle of Zebrawood - modern Lankst, IIRC.

In my understanding, the original Dorastan settlers under Gwalynkus were Heortlings. Any settlers sent across the Pass could have been either Heortlings or Pelorian Orlanthi.