Other Orlanthi initiation rites

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_...>
Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2006 17:36:19 -0000

Greg - given that IFWW is unique to the Heortlings (and of course that includes the Heortlings of Tarsh, Holay, Aggar and Saird - misleadingly called "Alakoringites" by the southern Heortlings of Sartar and Heortland), what do we know about the adulthood initiation rites of the other major Orlanthi cultural center - Ralios?

I assume that in Ralios there are probably lots of different adulthood initiation rites, since there were lots of different groups in Ralios that became Orlanthi. Some might follow the Bull totem rites (the descendents of the Bemuri), others might follow the Horse rites (descendents of the Galanni), and so on. For that matter, did any Heortling groups settle in Ralios in the First Age?

The religious rites of the Ralian Orlanthi, on the other hand, are likely extremely similar to the Heortling religious rites and indistinguishable from those rites even to most Heortlings. Heck, given that the Heortlings had to rely upon Ralian Orlanthi godtalkers at least twice in their past, I reckon they are effectively the same rites (with of course some local variations - like substituting Kerofin and the Top of the World).

Any thoughts?

Jeff