More on Esrolia

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_...>
Date: Sun, 09 Jul 2006 03:40:43 -0000

Nic Hughes had an interesting observation on the Glorantha Digest that I would like to bring onto this list:

>My own personal vision of
>Esrolia is probably a bit non-canon in that the basic religion is
>largely unchanged from that of the Heortlings; men largely worship
>Orlanth and women largely worship Ernalda. Women generally stay at
>home on or near the land they own, men are more free to travel and
>explore.

I don't think this is terribly far off. Read Barntar as the primary version of Orlanth, add Imarja into the mix and this largely works. Farmers probably don't travel all that much, but the sheep-herders (who largely worship Orlanth Adventurous) certainly do.

Jeff