Re: More on Esrolia

From: Greg Stafford <Greg_at_...>
Date: Sun, 09 Jul 2006 07:02:17 -0700

YGWV Quoting Jeff Richard <richaje_at_...>:

> Nic Hughes had an interesting observation on the Glorantha Digest that
> I would like to bring onto this list:
>
>> My own personal vision of
>> Esrolia is probably a bit non-canon in that the basic religion is
>> largely unchanged from that of the Heortlings; men largely worship
>> Orlanth and women largely worship Ernalda.

I don't even consider this to be noncanonical. It may depend on the definition of "largely," I suppose. But I have always considered the Orlanthi religion to be the basis, modified by the local history to have differences. The shifting over to Imarja is a broadening of the womens' worship, which brings with it a broadening of the male as well. The net result is to knock Orlanth and Ernalda off their "worshipped by everyone" thrones, but doesn't change the overall nature of the religion.

>> Women generally stay at
>> home on or near the land they own, men are more free to travel and
>> explore.

True.

Sincerely,
Greg Stafford