Re: Re: Ralian Orlanthi

From: Greg Stafford <Greg_at_...>
Date: Sun, 09 Jul 2006 06:56:13 -0700

YGWV Quoting Jeff Richard <richaje_at_...>:

>> > I agree - I suspect that Hrelar Amali was merely the main Ralian
>> > survival place at the Dawn (similar to some of the others around
>> > Dragon Pass). Probably not very impressive by the standards of
> the
>> > Theyalan missionaries.
>> I think it was one of their pe-Darkness holy places that didn't
> get
>> ravaged by the Dark.
>
> If I recall, Hrelar Amali was where Flamal was rooted in the Green
> Age and was generally a great place of life.

Flamal was a major entity in that age, and naturally was located in several places at the same time. As one of the critical plant entities he was located atop the Spike, too. And, in a very real sense, every Great Tree is Flamal.

> Right near Tarinwood
> (which might have had a role in its survival - or not).

I'm not sure of the significence of Tarinwood nearby. The elf forests--or rather, the Aldryami powers--covered just about everyplace int he Green Age.

> Probably
> was the chief sacred place of the ancestral traditions of the
> Ralians (although it probably became less important as the Ralians
> embraced the Orlanth religion) - until it finally got destroyed by
> the Seshnegi.

In my spare time I am browsing some of my files trying to find what I've written about it. But I do recall that it was a center of worship. An "ancestral place of power."

Sincerely,
Greg Stafford

Issaries, Inc.
c/o Greg Stafford