Re: Re: Orlanthi - Ralians, Talastari, oh my

From: Greg Stafford <Greg_at_...>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 17:24:13 -0700

YGWV Quoting Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>:

> David Dunham wrote:
>> My take is that a significant number of Ralian natives were sort of
>> preadapted to Orlanth and Ernalda worship, probably for a variety of
>> reasons (e.g. they worshipped a killing storm, they had once
>> worshipped Orlanth but lost this in the Darkness, their Earth goddess
>> had traits similar to Ernalda, etc.).
>
> I doubt that once the Theyalan missionaries came to Ralios, there
> was popular acceptance of Orlanth as there was in Talastar.

> For
> example, acceptance of Theyalan worship in Slontos wasn't a sure
> thing until massed migration of the Vathmai a century after the
> Dawn. And even then most of the Wenelians do not follow
> Heortling practices.

But they do follow the same Theyalan practices.

> That the populations of Lankst and the East Wilds are Orlanthi
> now owes more IMO to a long and complex tale of migrations
> (from across Dorastor) and the religious programs of the Autarchy,
> the God Learners and the EWF in addition to missionary efforts
> by the World Council.

You raise some good points here, Peter, though I haven't the time to go into them in detail.

But I do want to finish by saying that the Orlanthi religion of the Nysalor empire, of Ralios under the Stygians and so on, is essentially the same as the Dragon Pass religion. There has been continual mixing among them, recovery and rejuvenation back and forth and so on.

And yes, there are differences and those should be played through for MGF, but nonetheless, Thunder Rebels and Storm Tribe are still quite accurate for game play in Ralios.

Sincerely,
Greg Stafford

Issaries, Inc.
c/o Greg Stafford