Re: Far Place Campaign Background

From: Stewart Stansfield <stu_stansfield_at_...>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 07:57:16 -0000

I'd like to add a public note of thanks to John for this. He was kind enough to show me all his wonderful stuff (but not like that), which proved the basis and impetus for a Far Place game I ran late in 2003.

It was much fun, and I'm very grateful!

Cheerio,

Stu.

[Ob Super fun!+ I now diminish the wonder of the moment by saying the game was called "Whitebull and the Seven Ducks"... though sadly ceased before Whitebull (or indeed the Chaoskeet) entered. It involved escorting a party of volcano-worshipping Caladrian ducks, led by Popaquackapetl, on a pilgrimage to Firetop, evading Harvar's local goriff (gor-reeve). It was not so whimsical as it might sound: it was just about to involve serious issues, like the forced impregnation of Two Quack Quackur and a giant beaver by whippet broo (and mytho-socio- cultural attitudes to their offspring), when it ceased for a break.]