Re: Orlanthi - Ralians, Talastari, oh my

From: parental_unit_2 <parental_unit_2_at_...>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 17:11:15 -0000

> Dragon Pass (http://www.glorantha.com/products/1502.html) was written
> to provide exactly this kind of summation of material into a playable
> form.

Hear hear! _Dragon Pass_ has been very valuable in three games I'm involved in, and the fact that it's a mile wide and an inch deep makes it more valuable, not less.

I think a gazeteer like _Dragon Pass_ is also an excellent exercise for elaborating a setting that's not documented yet, or documented only in esoteric publications. Players and the narrator can all team up to accumulate one-paragraph descriptions of locations, which can then be placed on the map and elaborated as needed.

I have tried to a do a bit of this with the narrator of another game I play in, although we haven't tested the result out yet.

Rob