Vithelan Otherside and Heroquesting?

From: Santo Sengupta <s.santo.sengupta_at_...>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 22:41:41 -0400

Namaste all.

In campaign, one of my new players is playing a Vithelan Hero, a Haragalan War Holy of Karki who has been sent to Teshnos to protect the interests of the Commonwealth against the raiding Pirates. He has since discovered that some of these pirates are in league with darker forces, namely aquatic Antigods, and wishes to gain some new magics against them by performing a HeroQuest.

I have several questions regarding the Vithelan Otherside: First off, does the Vithelan Pantheon have an Other Side? My understanding is that Mysticism generally does not, but we haven't heard much on the issue since Hero Wars.

Do the Vithelans use HeroQuesting in a similar fashion to most Gloranthans? Or do they only do Ceremony and Everything World Quests, as Mysticism lacks an Other Side?

Mashusan says the various Cosmic Wars of Vithelan mythology are in fact lessons about levels of consciousness. I could see this same principle being used by East Islanders when performing Everything World Quests.

--
-Santo

"Aum Shanti Shanti Shantih."