Re: Flying Magic in HeroQuest

From: Rob <robert_m_davis_at_...>
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2006 10:14:54 -0000

> I think it depends on the players and how they interpret the power,
> too - and what kind of adventures the GM runs.

I think this is the key. I had a player in my game who was a Mastakos ddevotee in the two matery range. He could thus teleport at will, and not be spending hero points every go either. I think this is far more potent than a flying horse.

I think another point is where you want to pitch the game, high or low fantasy. Flying horses are not really gritty fantasy I guess. I love Peter M's revelation that this guys actually going to have an ability, a very cool one, that is likely to mark him out as a Gargarthi! So, do you mount your horse and take to the sky when the clan your visiting is attacked? What will they think of that? Great stuff!

Regards
Rob