Re: Maps of Sartar Tribal Lands

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 12:19:06 +0100 (BST)

> So far I have done the Sambari and the Lismelder.
>
> Whilst the maps are clearly unofficial and produced
> in the spirit of
> YGWV I would be interested in anyones ideas on
> things which are
> missing or misplaced on the maps.

Ages and ages ago I gamed in the Lismelder area, using the Marshedge as "home". I'll see if I can dig out our (entirely unofficial) maps so you can borrow anything that fits.

> I understand that there may be
> other names for the clans on the Sambari maps
> however I got the
> impression from things like Barbarian Adeventures
> and Orlanth is
> Dead that is was OK to make up clan names.

Any clan tends to have more than one name/nickname.

> For the
> Lismelder map I got the clan names and main
> settlements from Tales of the Reaching Moon.

Good source - Greydog campaign and so on?

> The next map I'm doing is Colymar. I have the
> obvious sources -
> Dragon Pass: Gazateer of Kerofinela, Greg's sketch
> maps of the clan
> locations and Apple Lane but I would be interested
> in any other sources that anyone knows of.

KoS gives details of every clan, and a Kings List. The maps are basic, but the descriptions of what clan holds what lands can be useful.

All new Yahoo! Mail "The new Interface is stunning in its simplicity and ease of use." - PC Magazine http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html