Re: Re: Harrek and his bear cloak

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 11:57:36 -0700

> >As I remember it (and I can't find any supporting evidence, so it may
have
> >been a private conversation with Greg, or just a figment of my
> >imagination),
> >Harrek skinned *the* White Bear, and screwed his Rathori relatives out of
> >its benefits. (one extreme end of the "personal or community" continuum
of
> >Heroequesting).
>
> So you're saying he killed the god in question, right? So this happened in
> the God World, not the Hero Planes, correct?

The White Bear was a Great Spirit, not a God (MoLad 51)

Well, the story is from the RQ Era (found it - Genertela book, page 15), so the "historical" account doesn't say. But I'd say yes, he killed *the* Great Spirit, not just a Heroplane shadow of it. He also killed the "protesting tribesmen" when he returned from the Otherside with the bearskin, so even f it survived, it wouldn't have any worshippers...

> Anyhow, I'm going to guess the bear would be at about 7-8 masteries? Maybe
> only 6? In any case, Harrek is not to be messed with.

Harrek is *never* to be messed with!

BTW, according to the Genertela book, he was 30 when he slew the White Bear (or 125, if you count the time spent in the "Big Sleep" of the Rathori). According to the "White Bear Society" writeup in MoLad, he was 15-16. (The GB says the Bear-slaying was in 1609, MoLad puts it at 1595). Choose your source...

RR
- Richelieu