Re: Really boring RQ2/HQ question

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 07:46:59 +0100 (BST)

> Quick question!

And might be better on the Rules list, but for now...

> I am sometimes lost when
> converting RQ2 era statistics to
> the HeroQuest system. I know they do not directly
> convert, but what roughly
> would 50% be in HQ terms? What about 75%? 100?

There used to be a numerical conversion method, but IIRC that was for HW not HQ and before the devaluation of the Mastery.

> I don't as I say want
> direct conversion rules, just rough equivalents to
> act as guidelines in helping me make the numbers
up...

I'd suggest looking at the sample numbers given for "typical warrior", "clan champion" etc, deciding what you'd have pegged them as in RQ, and building your own conversions from there. "Typical" levels in RQ varied, after all. And RQ2 varied from RQ3, too.