Re: RE: Really boring RQ2/HQ question

From: Gavain Sweetman <gavain.sweetman_at_...>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 11:20:31 +0000 (GMT)

> > CJ
> > Quick question! I am sometimes lost when converting RQ2 era statistics to
> >the HeroQuest system. I know they do not directly convert, but what roughly
> > would 50% be in HQ terms? What about 75%? 100? I don't as I say want
> > direct conversion rules, just rough equivalents to act as guidelines in
> > helping me make the numbers up...

> Simon Hibbs
> I'd divide by 3 so 50% becomes 17, 75% becomes 25 (5W) and 90% becomes 30
> (10W).

I used this which seems to be fine for high level but underpower the low level character.

I also use an alternative which is to start with a base of 13 and add one for increase gained by the character. Easy for RQ2 as everything is increments of 5% :-) I may also give a bonus for 5% over 100% as the chance to increase beyond this level is very limited.

And in all cases I fudge the results to fit so that the hero has the same "feel" as the RQ character.