Sheer Luxury ...

From: John Hughes <john.hughes_at_...>
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2006 09:53:37 +1000

The still-wet-behind-the ears RRR:

>Youngster. :-). I was writing Ars Magica back in '90. Why in my day, we had
>to hand-crush our own inks, make our own vellum, and send boxes of pages of
>text off to White Wolf, instead of a diskette.

Luxury! Vellum! Luxury, sheer luxury. When I started writing freeforms back in '83 (big freeforms, large freeforms, 250 player plus Traveler freeforms for manly men, womenly women and centaurly centaurs) we had to breed the slaves to harvest the papyrus and pulp the reed to weave the mats, explore unknown continents to find the lapis to be ground into ink, enter the Timeless Halls to wait centuries till postal services, capitalism and delivery pizza were invented, and do battle with wargamers for the very right to exist. We chipped our D6s from the living rock we did...:)

And I'm still a Gloranthan newbie...

Cheers

Grey Jim