Re: Three Mystical Troll tools

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2006 12:56:10 -0700

> Presumably this action took place in the Otherworlds. Therefore, my
> assumption is that the adamantine claws used by Gbaji to wound
> Korasting would exist in the Otherworlds. Any "instances" of the
> claws in the mundane world would be representations only (gained by
> a heroquester) not the actual claws. Similarly the Otherworld Cloak
> that would enable Kyger Litor to avoid Gbaji would be only found in
> the Otherworlds. Or can /has there been any cross-over in terms of
> these sorts of mystical items?

The "real" things would be in the Otherworld, yes. There are probably mundane-world items that are the "echoes" of them.

> If indeed the actual items do only exist in the Otherworlds, would
> finding a mundane world representation of said items be useful to
> Kyger Litor herself, if a cultist could take the items to her in
> Wonderhome? My thought would be that representations would have a
> lesser power than the original and therefore are probably not likely
> to overcome the resistances that Kyger Litor would meet in trying to
> alter the mythical event.

If you're going to visit Kygor Litor her own self, better bring the real items, not some mundane-world knockoffs. They wouldn't have the mytho-magical oomph to do her much good.

> And, if Kyger Litor did gain the three mystical tools needed to try
> and reverse the curse, what effect would success have on the Great
> Compromise? Would it serve to restore some Law or would the action
> just be a cumulative change leading to even more instability?

Yes. :-).

Of course, the more reasonable HQ would be to "restore" natural childbirth to a single Troll female, or maybe a tribe. To heal KL would be as difficult as, say, supplanting Orlanth as Storm God, or Killing the Sun (again).

RR
- Richelieu