RE: Something Different

From: Mike Holmes <mike_c_holmes_at_...>
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2006 14:16:30 -0500

>From: "Mike Dawson" <mdawson_at_...>
>
>What's the longest regularly running HQ game you know of, and how often
>does it run?

We're newb amatures by comparison to you, Mike. To answer your question, it depends on how you define "game." I've been running a game on IRC (with links to FTF games) for about 4 years. But it's had three "phases" to it, during each of which there were major changes in players and characters (though some characters who were in as far back as the very first HW session still pop up occasionally, as their players show up to play). Almost like 3 separate games. The longest of which was about 65 sessions. The longest FTF game ran about 20 sessions, IIRC (might have been more like 25).

We try to play once a week for the IRC game, but with missing weeks here and there, and scheduled time between phases and such, I probably actually only average to run 65% to 75% of weeks in that game. Again, more frequent lately than previously.

Mike