RE: Lunar Navy in Karse?

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 07:23:38 +0100 (BST)

Or Thor Heyerdahl.

The famous KonTiki was a raft, but his later ships were made of reed. Ra II: "four Aymara Indians from Bolivia, who still mastered the traditional art of building reed boats, built Ra II. This boat went on to complete a successful transatlantic crossing, covering the 4,000 miles to Barbados in just 57 days."

and then Tigris: "The same Indians who built Ra II aided with the construction of this boat. This time it was built in Iraq using the local berdi reeds. At over 50 foot long and with a crew of 11, Tigris was Thor Heyerdahl�s largest reed craft. The expedition headed down the River Tigris through the Persian Gulf and into the Indian Ocean. After around 5 months the voyage came to a sudden end at the entrance to the Red Sea. Due to wars ranging all around, Tigris was not allowed leave the harbour in Djibouti. In protest against the wars, Heyerdahl eventually set fire to Tigris."

It can be done. I doubt very much if the Lunars would do it, but it can be done.

But, the whole point of capturing Corflu as I nuderstood it was for trade. Sea trade requires ships. So someone around there had ships and was using them.