Pol Joni Magic

From: miker19036 <michael.wryan_at_...>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 17:40:50 -0000

I've finally decided to come back to HQ after a while.

I'm starting to put together a HQ game set in Pavis County. The group is going to be primarily Orlanthi, but I want to allow for other related, friendly cultures as well. I've found the older Hero Wars keywords for Pavis, Zola Fel and Zebra Tribe people. I'd also like to allow for Pol Joni characters. I'm pretty sure that I can adapt something from a comination of the Heortling and Bison People keywords, but I'd like an opinion on something.

The Pol Joni are described as Storm-worshipping horse nomads, with a similar lifestyle to the Praxian nomads. I think animism would be a better fit for a nomadic people than theism. So, I'm thinking the Pol Joni would follow a spirit tradition modelled after the Orlanthi Pantheon (with mis-applied) worship. Does this seem in line with them?

Oh, also. If I wanted to flesh out the Praxians a bit and add a practics for Storm Bull, would that then be a mis-applied worship of Urox?

And yes, I know YGMV. I'm just looking for some opinions.

Thanks in advance.

Mike Ryan