Serenity:HeroQuest games at Dragonmeet 2006.

From: Darran Sims <darransims_at_...>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 08:41:46 -0000

Greetings and Salutations
2006-11-21-0840.

Hi All,

0 Dragonmeet 2006. Kensington Town Hall, London, UK. Saturday 2nd December 2006.
http://www.dragonmeet.com/

I'll also be running my Serenity:HeroQuest games, the old one from last year and the bright new sequel. Both are based on the series FireFly and the film Serenity by Buffy's Joss Whedon. The crew will be the crew of The Betty from Alien 4; Joss Whedon's first stab at a misfit crew of smugglers onboard an old, broken-down ship.

For the morning slot I am running the same game as last year that I ran twice. It was over-subscribed due to some snaff-oos on the signup  sheets I did and I had to turn away many players for both slots. The afternoon game is the sequel and is newer [that may have a similar plot as the first though the names have been changed to protect the guilty].

+

Saturday 10:00-14:00.
'Echoes in the Black' by Darran Sims narrated by Darran Sims. Serenity: HeroQuest adventure for 6 players. Newcomers very welcome. Maturity preferred.

"Ta Ma Duh! Why can't we stick to the gorram plan!
I wanted simple, in and out and everything shiny. The job was good, the idents were perfect and the feds were away from the Skyplex.
Then everything has gone south.
Something has been following The Betty. They are keeping their distance, so they aint purple bellies and everytime time we avert course they disappear like echoes in the black. The question is who are they, what do they want and why are they messing up my gorram job?"

+

Saturday 14:00-18:00.
'The Quick and the Dead' by Darran Sims narrated by Darran Sims. Serenity: HeroQuest adventure for 6 players. Newcomers very welcome. Maturity preferred.

"Emergency! Emergency! This is the Passenger Liner 'BHS Orisis'. We
have lost all power, our engineering team is incapacitated and we are adrift in space. Any available craft please respond. Emergency! Emergency! This is the Passenger Liner 'BHS Orisis' ... ... ..." <Sometime later>
"Oh thank the gods! How shiny you look. Civilian vessel, ...
err? ... 'The Betty' please dock in our main hanger deck, you may be able to assist us in restoring power to our engines. Do you have an engineer on board?
"It is fortunate that you are in this empty, quiet sector of the
black, we thought we were lost for good. Hello? Hello? Are you there?"

|Darran Sims
Furnace 2007 http://www.rpgfurnace.com
A role-playing convention in Sheffield, UK 'A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an Emergency on my part'