Re: Re: Starting a group...

From: Gary Sturgess <gazza666_at_...>
Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2006 10:56:50 +0900

About whether or not IT graduates or RPGers are the "geek's geek"...

Well, firstly the former are a subset of the latter, to a large extent. And secondly, back when I were a lad, geek was SYNONYMOUS with "interested in computers"; we've had the term nicked from under us.

I'm certainly not going to dispute the stereotypical starting scores, though. I know many of my peers probably would have tried to use their "write clever but useless program" ability at some sort of penalty to "chat up potential partner", with predictable (if tragic) results.

--
GAZZA, a professional computer programmer