Re: kind, soft GMing, 'cos I'm sweet, nice, and fluffy

From: Roderick Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 12:05:15 -0800

>> That�s the spirit - don�t start going doft on �em
>> now or anything.

Quit giving her ideas!

> What's a "Dear John" letter? Is it nasty?

Letter sent from "the girl back home" saying something like:

"Dear John,

I know we were going to get married as soon as you get back from the war, but I've met this really neat guy and we were married yesterday.

Goodby,
Mary"

Usually sent to "the guy who was really proud of his girl and always showing her picture to the other fellows" (there's always the one guy in the squad like this, just like there's the "Scrounger", "Shirker" and "Educated guy that's always reading books"). The recipient of the Dear John letter usually then becomes "the guy you know is going to die on the next mission".

RR