Re: Re: Leaving Unlife

From: L.Castellucci <lightcastle_at_...>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 13:27:34 -0500

On December 15, 2006 12:47 pm, Antonio Álvarez del Cuvillo wrote:
> Many thanks. All are good ideas.

You're welcome.

> And there is an Hum'akti easy solution: try to kill the PC !

Well, yes, there is that, too. It's a fine plan and could make a great recurring enemy for the PCs.

> Anyway, i'm not sure if defeating Hum'akt have something to do with
> "leaving unlife", because Hum'akt is not unlife, but Death and
> Separation between Death and Life. His solution is very... inapropiate
> for the PC: bringing true death severing the soul and the body. But,
> perhaps, Hum'akt could help the player character to kill his dead-self
> or something like that; the player has to leave something of his own,
> something from his self in order to remain alive. Then, he could take
> the relife sickness or something like that?

That was more what I meant. You wouldn't fight Humakt, but rather fight your dead self. A battle with your doppelganger, if you will. Separating the parts of him that are undead from those which are not. (which can absolutely result in leaving something of himself behind). I would see the battle on the sword bridge between death and life as judged by Humakt, rather than against him. (He's a pretty fair referee. Stern, but fair. *grin*)

I would definitely have various people hint at all these options as possible, and let the player go for whichever appeals.

LC