Re: Griffin Island/Mountain and different "technology"-levels

From: Rob <robert_m_davis_at_...>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 15:56:21 -0000

But I can't resist. I suggest going with your original idea and go for numbers like +10 or +5, make those differennces significant. How I would actually rule it though is by applying the bonus as a negative to the players. So, if a PC is fighting a guard with some metal armour and heavy weapons (long sword, shield, or some kind of pole arm) and the PC is in leather and, say sword and shield, then give the PC a -5 or -10 situational modifier depending on how you see it.

By the way, I also advocate giving your players bonuses when the think up cool things to do to get an advantage too, or even if they give colourful descriptions of their actions!

Regards
Rob